The AROWGuard – Driver Protection System was designed with the transit operator in mind and was created in response to the increase in driver attacks throughout North America. Working in conjunction with the transit authority, bus manufacturer and transit union AROW Global works to develop a custom-engineered driver barrier specific to their needs. The safety shield can be installed on existing mass transit bus fleets or can be built to satisfy the specific OEM requirement on new mass transit bus builds.
Transit properties across North America are installing our Driver Protection Systems as part of their strategy to protect their operators. Recently an operator avoided a punch to the face thanks to having the DPS unit installed. You can watch the video and his testimonial here: New Safety door protects TriMet driver from assault
Watch this video to learn more about our AROWGuard designs, and how they were designed with the transit operator in mind. Our safety shields make it easy for the bus driver to connect and interact with passengers with the ability to protect themselves should the need arise.
Watch this video to learn more about the strength and functionality of AROWGuard Driver Protection Systems.
Click here to read about the Amalgamated Transit Union’s latest campaign against driver assaults.
The Slide System is a fixed door that incorporates a sliding two-piece glass system. This design allows the bus driver to adjust the sliding glass into multiple positions, similar to how they would adjust the driver’s window.
The Fixed System is designed to be in use 100% of the time. This is ideal for applications where mandatory full-time use of the protection system is desired.
The Coach System is a formed polycarbonate surround with polished stainless steel framework. During bus operation, the door is latched to the aisle bulkhead in order to keep passengers behind the white line.
School Bus System
The School Bus design is a fixed solid door with a back polycarbonate partition giving drivers an added defense against airborne pathogens.
- Select from an existing configuration or custom design for a specific application and vehicle platform.
- Built-to-print or reverse engineer systems.
- Full driver surrounds or partial shields.
- Multiple configuration features are available to permit stowing door assembly or having a lower door assembly with a fixed, clear shield.
- Proprietary easy open/close rotary slam latch system designed for long-term rattle-free use and durability.
- System design assures adherence to ADA regulations without obstructing passenger flow.
Brochure and Product Specifications
Read about how some transit properties are using driver protection systems on their buses
Transit Sales, AROW Global Corp.
(715) 693-6020 ext. 212 | [email protected]